Vastu For Open Space
1. More open space around the building in the east and the north direction than that in the west and the south directions is very beneficial.
2. In the east or north-east corner, there should be a Tulsi Vrindavan (A structure in which the holy basil plant is grown). The height of this structure should not be more than the plinth level.
3. Swimming tank, wells, fountains, underground water storage tanks, borings, etc. should be in the east or the north.
4. Garden, decorative plants, lawns, etc. should be in the east or the north. The decorative plants should not be taller than three feet. A small water fall of three to four feet should be constructed in the east or the north leaving the north-east or the north-west corner.
5. Swings should be in the east or the north and they should swing towards the east or the west.
6. There is no harm if pet animals and bird nests are in the north-west corner.
7. Benches in the open space in the east and the north direction should be in the west or the south direction and person should sit facing towards the east or the north.