Vastu For Trees
1. Big trees should be avoided in the space surrounding the building and inside the boundary wall. The roots of big trees can damage the base of the wall compound and the building. The roots of big trees absorb the invisible power of the sunlight quickly. The good effect of these powerful rays does not go to the building.
2. If there are trees around the building, they should not be tall or having thick leaves and not in the east or the north direction. The auspicious sun rays are blocked by them. There is no objection to such trees in the west and the south direction. However; such big trees should not be only in the west or in the south direction but in both directions. The heavy weight of the trees spoils the balance of the building.
3. Useful trees of 3 to 5 feet height can be in the east and the north directions. There should be no tree of any kind, big, small, useful or otherwise, in the north-east corner
4. No thorny plants or cactus should be in the four walls of the plot even for decorative purposes. Because, except Rose, some medicinal plants like sbataiari, all other plants are throwing negative rays out. Because of this, unnecessary tension is created in the house. Cactus or thorny plants are endowed with demonic and evil properties. If cactus plants are at all to be kept, for every cactus plant two basil plants should be there. The basil plants reduce the evil effect of the cactus plants. But if possible, all the thorny plants should be uprooted and thrown away without any thought. No plant brought from a temple, bank of a rivet; stolen from any place or given by a person whom you dislike, should be planted in your plot. Samplings brought from a nursery should be planted.
5. No creepers, however beautiful, with flowers should be raised on the compound wall of the building in the east or the north direction. Creepers can be planted only in the garden. There is no harm to have a money plant in the house. However it should not be planted outside the house with the support of a tree, etc. Only around a temple, Banyan tree in the east. Audumbar (a type of banyan tree) on the south side, Pipal in the west can be planted, observing all the rules regarding the planting of these trees. These trees should not be planted around residence or the place of business.
6. Any big or small, proper or improper tree should not be planted in front of the main entrance of the building in any direction.
7. Banana, Papatya, Mango, Pineapple, Lemon, Nilgiri, Ashoka or Jamun trees should not be in the east or the north-direction of the building. It leads to paucity of funds and children. Only in the south or the west there is no harm in havingAfboia, Almond, Pineapple, Nilgiri, Coconut, Neem, Lemon trees, etc.
8. No big tree should be in close proximity of the compound wall. In the middle square of the old building, no big tree is good. Because there is a load in the place of Brahma. Therefore there should be no tree at the Bramhasthan. There is no harm if there are trees in the west and the south direction, outside the compound wall of our building. Minimum shade of trees should fall on buildings between 9 a.m. and 3 pm.