Vastu For Staircase
1. There should not be common staircase for going upstairs and to the basement. The uppennost stairs should have a roof. The number of stairs should not be 10, 20, 30, etc. with zero in the unit place. The number of stairs should be odd.
2. The main staircase of the building should be in the south, the west or the south-west comer. It should never be in the north-east comer. A staircase in the north-east comer leads to loss of wealth. Business comes to a standstill. The owner of the building faces bankruptcy. A staircase in any other comer reduces the losses.
3. The staircase should rise from the east to the west or the north to the south direction.
4. If the staircase has doors, the upper most door should be 9" to 1" shorter in length than the lower most.
5. A staircase should not be in the central square of the building. The main staircase should not originate from or end in strong room, the lumber room, kitchen or the prayer room. The safe should not be kept under the stairs.
6. Stairs should have a light colour. Staircase should not encircle the building. It leads to many calamities. The peace of the family is disturbed.
7. Staircase from the south, the west or the south-west corner is beneficial. Circular staircase should be avoided.
8. Due to paucity of land, if the staircase is constructed in the south-east or the north-west comer, it can be tolerated, but it may lead to minor injuries to children to some extent.
9. If the staircase is in the south-east or the south-west region, it should rise from the east to the west or from the north to the south.
10. At many places the staircase is not in a good state. It should be immediately repaired. Otherwise, mental tension increases due to clashes. The stairs or the starting part of the stairs should not be round.